These Annabel Karmel muffins are quick and easy to make, and the children will love getting involved in the kitchen too.
- 225g plain flour
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 125g butter, softened
- 125g caster sugar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 egg
- 200 ml milk
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 100g sultanas
- 125g pumpkin, peeled and grated
- 1 tub readymade buttercream
- Orange food colouring
- Chocolate-flavoured Writing Icing
- 150G ready-to-roll white icing
- Green food colouring
- Brown food colouring
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/gas 4. Line a 12-hole muffin tin with muffin cases.
- Measure all of the muffin ingredients into a free-standing electric mixer. Whisk until blended. Spoon into the cases.
- Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes until well-risen and lightly golden on top. Remove the muffins from the muffin tin and leave on a wire rack to completely cool down.
- Meanwhile, colour two-thirds of the ready-to-roll icing green and one-third brown. Roll out the green icing and shape into 12 leaves. Use a toothpick to draw the veins on the leaves. Shape the brown icing into 12 stalks. Colour the buttercream orange and spread the icing over the cupcakes.
- Decorate the eyes, noses and mouths using the chocolate flavoured Writing Icing and then add the leaves and stalks to the pumpkins.
maternity & infant
Originally posted 2015-10-22 09:47:27.