Tummy time is a great thing to do with your little one. Even if it is just a few minutes throughout the day, it will help your baby become stronger and reach their milestones faster!
Here are some of the reasons you should be practising tummy time with your baby, right now:
- Helps to encourage your baby to start rolling, sitting, and standing
- Reduces risk of SIDS, because it strengthens the baby to move anything that could smother him/her.
- Helps your baby to hold their head on their own, and to keep it steady when they are moving around.
- Helps your baby’s head to become more rounded, whereas constantly laying down can cause flat spots on the back of his/her head.
- During the first hours of waking up, tummy time helps the motor development to gain head and body control.