We love Donal Skehan and we love apple crumble so what could be better than Donal Skehan’s Irish Oaty Apple. This recipe can be used with other summer fruits too. Just make the oaty mix and add your preferred fruit.
This is also a healthy snack that children will love making and eating. If you planning on staying in this weekend, we recommend giving this delicious recipe a try!
- 150g plain flour
- 150g jumbo oat flakes
- 175g light brown Sugar
- 200g cold butter, cut into pieces
- Single Cream, to serve
For the filling:
- 600g apple, cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 60g brown sugar
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
1) Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F), Gas mark 5.
2) Place the flour, oat flakes, brown sugar and butter in a large bowl.
3) Using your fingertips, rub all the ingredients together until it resembles chunky breadcrumbs.
4) In a large baking tin, toss the apples with the flour, sugar and lemon juice until combined.
5) Add the crumble mix on top of the filling and spread over the top until everything is evenly covered.
6) Bake in the oven for 35–40 minutes or until the crumble topping is golden brown and the fruit is soft and bubbling beneath.
7) Serve in generous portions with a drizzle of fresh cream.
See more of Donal’s fab recipes here
maternity & infant
Originally posted 2015-04-30 14:08:34.