Mums are always right, whether we agree with them or not, they always know what to say and when to say it. Over the years my mum has given me some of the best advice that I hope to pass onto my little ones someday.
1. What you say about someone else says more about yourself than it does about the other person.
2. Always say “hello” to people, it’s better to be seen as too friendly than to be seen as standoffish.
3. Worrying never solves anything.
4. Honesty is ALWAYS the best policy.
5. Sometimes showing up is half the battle.
6. Quality over quantity is key! This applies to everything, especially friendships.
7. Be kind even to people who don’t deserve it. Kill them with kindness.
8. A bath, a cup of tea and a bar of chocolate can be the best form of medicine.
9. You should be the most important person for yourself.
10. Respect those beneath you. If you don’t do that then don’t expect the people above you to respect you.
11. Remember to take care of your parents when they get old. They spent their whole lives taking care of you.
Thank you mum!
maternity & infant
Originally posted 2016-03-14 15:12:19.