Winter’s here, and that means it’s time to think of fun ways to keep our little ones entertained while indoors. This natural playdough recipe is sure to do the trick, and the best part is, these ingredients are probably already in your kitchen!
What you’ll need:
– 2 Cups Flour
– 2 Tbsp Oil (coconut oil, vegetable oil, olive oil)
– 1/2 Cup Salt
– 2 Tbsp Cream of Tartar
– 1 1/2 Cups Boiling Water
– Gel food colouring
How to make it:
1. Put the flour (2 cups) and salt (1/2 cup) into a large bowl.
2. Mix in the cream of tartar (2 tbsp).
3. Add the oil (2 tbsp). Stick to kitchen oils, so it is non-toxic and completely kid friendly.
4. Pour in boiling water (1 1/2 cup).
5. Mix in all of the ingredients.
6. After the dough cools, take parts of the dough and roll them into balls.
7. Add a small hole into each ball for the gel dye.
8. Then add the gel dye into each ball. Tip: Mix dyes for creative colors!
9. Knead each ball until it is the desired color and consistency.
10. Let the fun begin!