- For carrying us to bed when we fell asleep on the couch watching Disney films.
- For reading us countless bedtime stories because we knew he couldn’t say no!
- For being our Superman…and Batman, Spiderman, Santa, Barbie, tea-party guest, and basically every fictional character we ever loved!
- For playing games with us and letting us win.
- For spending the most of Christmas morning (after finally getting to bed at 1am once all was set under the tree only to be woken again at 4am), setting up our toys while we watched impatiently over his shoulders!
- For keeping our secrets from Mum when we wanted him too, eg; that wasn’t us that ate all the cookies in the tin….nope…definitely not us, that was Dad.
- For the times we were allowed eat pizza and McDonald’s for dinner…sorry, not sorry Mum!
- For being the best example of a man for us in the future. You raised the bar high, Dad.
- For being our warrior/protector. For when some of those boys that entered our lives just didn’t live up!
- Finally, for the Dad jokes. We have cringed so, so badly. But we love you for them.
If your Dad sounds like one of these Supermen or you know of a dedicated father who goes that extra mile to spend quality time with their children, shows outstanding support through a particularly tough time, or works extra hard and defies all the odds to provide for their family, why not nominate them for the Maxi-Cosi Dad of the Year Award at this year’s Boots maternity & infant Family awards here. They deserve it!
maternity & infant
Originally posted 2018-06-15 08:05:18.