Potato cakes are absolutely delicious and a great way of using up some leftover mashed potatoes. You can swap the parsnips and shallots with salmon or chicken.
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 450g/ 1lb parsnips, peeled and cut into chunks
- 450g/ 1lb potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 4 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 4 shallots, peeled and cut into thin wedges
- 3 tbsps chopped sage or parsley
- 1 tsp butter
- Cook the potatoes and parsnips in a pan of boiling water for 15 minutes until tender.
- Drain and mash until smooth. Heat 2 tbsps oil in a pan, fry shallots for 5 minutes until soft, add to mashed mixture with sage or parsley and mix well.
- Shape into 8 rounds pressing together firmly.
- Heat remaining oil and butter in the pan.
- Fry rounds for 1-2 minutes each side until golden.
For more healthy recipes for toddlers and adults go to www.first1000days.ie
maternity & infant
Originally posted 2015-02-04 16:07:56.