- Lemon water provides the body with electrolytes that hydrate your body. Lemons contain contain electrolytes such as potassium, calcium and magnesium.
- It helps digestion as lemon contains citric acid which interacts with other enzymes and acids and stimulate the secretion of gastric juice and digestion.
- The liver produces more enzymes from water with lemon that from any other food. Water with lemon also cleanse the liver, by stimulating the liver to release toxins.
- Lemons contain anti-inflammatory properties that help fight infections of the respiratory tract sore throats and inflammation of the tonsils.
- Warm water with lemon helps regulate natural bowel movement.
- Water with lemon cleanses blood, blood vessels and arteries.
- Water with lemon is hugely beneficial for pregnant women. Lemons are loaded with Vitamin C, and act as an adaptogen helping the body cope with viruses such as colds. Vitamin C also helps the formation of bone tissue of an unborn baby and the high content of potassium, a mixture of water with lemon helps forming cells of the brain and nervous system of the baby.
- Water with lemon relieves heartburn. For this, mix a teaspoon of lemon juice in half a glass of water.
- Water with lemon is good for the skin. Vitamin C in lemon, improves skin by rejuvenating the body. Drinking water with lemon regularly (every morning) will improve the condition of your skin.
- Water with lemon is indispensable for the normal work of metabolism. Since lemon is a powerful antioxidant, it protects the body from free radicals and strengthens the immune system.
Drink lemon water first thing in the morning on an empty stomach for full benefits. Squeeze half a lemon in a luke warm water.
Originally posted 2015-03-16 17:27:53.