Slimming world banoffee pie
A real family favourite, this mouth-watering banana-topped pie can be drizzled with melted chocolate for ultimate indulgence.
This recipe serves eight, allow 45 minutes for cooking and five hours of chilling time.
- 10 reduced fat digestive biscuits, finely crushed
- 5 level tbsp low fat spread
- 2 x 12g sachets powdered gelatine
- 250g quark
- 3 x 175g pots Müllerlight Toffee Yoghurt
- 3-4 tbsp sweetener
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 medium egg whites*
- 2 bananas, thinly sliced
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/170°C Fan/Gas 5. Line a 20cm spring-form cake tin with baking parchment.
2. Place the biscuits in a polythene bag, finely crush with a rolling pin and place in a bowl. Melt the spread and add to the biscuits. Stir the mix well and spoon this mixture into the base of the prepared tin and press evenly over the base. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, then set aside to cool.
3. Dissolve the gelatine in 5 tablespoons of boiling water.
4. Whisk the quark in a bowl until smooth and stir in the yoghurt, sweetener and vanilla.
5. Whisk the egg whites until stiff and fold into the quark mixture with the gelatine liquid. Spoon over the prepared biscuit base, smoothing the top with a palette knife and chill for around 5 hours or until set.
6. Remove the pie from the tin and place on a serving plate. Slice the bananas and arrange neatly on top of the pie. An optional finishing touch is to drizzle a little melted dark chocolate over the pie (1½ Syns per level teaspoon).
Because there is a very slight risk of salmonella pregnant women and babies should not eat raw eggs just in case!
For more guilt free and delicious recipes go to www.slimmingworld.ie